Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lady Gaga – The Fame Monster vs. Animal Collective – Merriweather Post Pavillion

Ah, I'm super late with this, I listened to these albums the day after they were assigned, yet apparently found it much too difficult to type anything for for a few weeks.  Terrible.

As someone who is far more impressed with Jeff's beard than either album, I find it difficult to offer anything of value in this debate.  In fact, I don't think there is a debate to have.

The Fame Monster is just not my cup of tea.  It was a little too much Madonna + George Michael for me... and while I don't mind either of those artists, I really don't want to listen to them either. 

Merriweather Post Pavillion didn't do anything for me either.  Nothing.  I'm pretty sure I had my volume adjusted correctly, and I wasn't doing anything else of substance while listening.  The one positive I'll give this album is that I kept asking myself why it isn't doing anything for me.

Animal Collective moves on, if only because I'm probably not smart enough to understand it.  Whereas Lady Ga Ga makes me feel like I'm buying Art at Best Buy.

2 comments:

  1. Do they truly sell art at Best Buy? If so, is it better or worse than the art at Ikea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it all depends on how you define art, but I can buy Huey Lewis albums at Best Buy, so I guess the answer is yes! Ikea makes you build everything yourself, so technically, they are just stealing credit for your work, right?

    ReplyDelete