Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fleet Foxes vs. Hot Chip






















I gotta say I'm a little burned out on the Fleet Foxes...Totally solid album...love tiger mountain peasant song and oliver james in particular... I don't know what I'm gonna do...






















Hot Chip is somewhat new to me...I truly enjoy the song Colours, as well as the title track, The Warning...moving forward with my life (as we must, huh?), I want to live in a new world, with a horizon that stretches just a little bit further...in other words, today, january 29, 2011, when I ask myself: "what do I want to listen to - Fleet Foxes, Fleet Foxes or Hot Chip, The Warning?"...the only answer I can come up with is Hot Chip, The Warning...Sorry


9 comments:

  1. I am genuinely surprised and also most pleased at your decision, Mr. Wilson...Hot Chip have been an exciting find for me this decade...Kind of a cheeky but also more tender/ sweet update on the New Order sound I found so exciting in the 80s...They really do look like a bunch of Limey dorks, don't they? But hey, remember that video of Bernard Sumner in his short shorts you posted last Death Match...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both bands look like dorks in their own right. But I think you have chosen the superior dorks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are two really bad band pictures...the guy in the fleet foxes cupping his head in his hands...wow...everybody in hot chip looks like a dork...if i'm ever in a band, i'll remember to hide the cameras, as well as my kids and my wife

    ReplyDelete
  4. i mean, seriously, have you ever stood that close to your friends?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot Chip over Fleet Foxes, huh? To me, Hot Chip sounds like the poor man's Owl City who sound like the poor man's Postal Service who sound like the poor man's Death Cab for Cutie who sound like...

    ...I could keep this going until I got to Fleet Foxes. So my question is: why not just listen to Fleet Foxes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. by then, you'd be so poor you'd probably be dead...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having a very hard time following your Hot Chip associations, zwartitude...To me, they seem far more akin in both sound and spirit to fellow DFA artists (e.g., LCD Soundsystem, The Rapture) and other dance-rock groups of the '00s (e.g., !!!, Radio 4) than they are to any of that emo-pop crap you cited.

    Saying Hot Chip is the poor man's Owl City is kind of like saying the Beatles are the poor man's Dave Clark Five...D'oh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. why do you have to go hate on the dave clark five?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Andy - R.I.P. Poor man

    @Eric - Yeah, I just wanted to see how you'd react.

    ReplyDelete