Saturday, January 29, 2011

XXXXXX

The XX's remind me of all the music I missed out on in the 80's. First off, I never listened to music in the 80's. Second off, the albums I remember owning in the 80's include the Joshua Tree, Born in the U.S.A., and going downhill from there: Huey Lewis and the News, Madonna, and Whitney Houston (the self-titled album, not even one of the good Whitney Houston albums). The XX has a Joy Division/Cure thing going on with more melody, and yet remind of Huey Lewis. Way cooler than I'll ever be.

I like Cains & Abels name, I've seen them listed on concert listings in Chicago, I recognize some of them from Calvin, but their just not doing it for me.

The exe's move on

1 comment:

  1. I wish I knew either of these albums so that I could agree/disagree with your pick.

    ReplyDelete