Friday, February 25, 2011

No, You Have One On Me

I have both of these albums. My brother talked me into picking up Have One Of Me, because Newsom is one of his favorite artists. When I listen to this album I feel like this album is a masterpiece. It sounds timeless. It reminds of British folk music.
The trouble is I don't feel like this music speaks to me personally. When I listen to it, I can appreciate it as great music, but I don't end up listening to this album frequently, and when I do listen I start listening to actively, but end up finding myself doing something else.



(For some reason, my album actually has a different cover than this). I acknowledge that this is Chan Marshall's greatest album. I think it all comes together here and she realizes her full potential. I just happen to personally like Moon Pix more and end up playing it more.






While Have One might be the better technical album, I'm picking the Greatest...come on, it's called the Greatest.

No comments:

Post a Comment