Thursday, February 24, 2011

TV on the Radio vs. Frightened Rabbit

After much listening, I've yet to be convinced of the worthiness of either of these albums. I pick TV on the Radio, Dear Science, begrudgingly...

TV on the Radio just stress me out. Too many things are happening, and I don't really care. I guess I just don't get the awesomeness.

Frightened Rabbit have a song called Keep Yourself Warm that totally sucks. Sample lyrics below:

"my hole, I'll get my hole, I'll get my hole
Get my hole, get my hole and I'll find out more
It's a choo-choo train, a rocket launch
If we have a hormone race
I'm bound to finish first."

"it takes more than fucking someone you don't know, to keep warm"

This kind of over-sharing is unforgivable. Does he want her to "peg" him? Who cares.

TV on the Radio win because they don't sing overtly about fucking.

5 comments:

  1. I heard TOTR's new single on the actual radio yesterday. I thought it sounded like mediocre Peter Gabriel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't all Peter Gabriel mediocre? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have a soft spot for a few PG tracks: "Sledgehammer", "Big Time", "Digging in the Dirt"...

    ReplyDelete